Saturday, February 28, 2009

Adventures in Flowers and Candy



Today my parents took me into San Francisco to explore the Wholesale Flower Market. There were whole buildings filled with the most vibrantly colored orchids, and an entire shop devoted to florists supplies (ribbon, vases, moss, etc...). It was so much fun to jump from shop to shop and see all the cut and planted flowers, shrubs, etc... Plus, the smells were pretty great. If you live near the city and haven't been, I'd recommend stopping by. (Entrance is free but parking in the lot is expensive, so be prepared.)

My father intended for us to eat lunch in China town, but after battling with traffic and circling for parking, he gave up and left the city. It was a little humorous to watch.

On the drive back up North, we stopped to experience the joys of the Jelly Belly. I had never been to the the Jelly Belly factory. Tours are free, and an added incentive is the free bag of Jelly Bellys you receive at the end. You are also able to try free samples of all the different flavors and candies. Even though most of the other people on the tour were parents with small children, and I was a 23 yr old child with her parents, it was fun. I got to hug a giant Jelly Belly- he was squishy (I like squishy as much as I like blue). Sometimes it is good to just have fun. With candy...




All in all it was a wonderfully colorful day!

No comments: